Saturday, April 9, 2011

Not cryin' over spilled milk

Can someone please explain to me how 4 ounces of milk, once spilled, multiplies itself to a gallon?

I made a poor judgment tonight and let my 3-yr-old stuff a straw into his cup of milk. But the straw was one of those "silly" straws - about four feet long and way too top heavy.

And since the child still hasn't grasped the concept that straws do not magically turn an open cup into a sippy cup, he proceeded to dump the cup of milk all over himself, the table, the chair, the floor, the deck, the backyard, into Canada...well, you get the picture.

Milk EVERYWHERE.

It's remarkable, really. How that little bit of milk can flood an area, ooze into every crevice, and cause such a panic.

All because of a bad choice on my part to allow that straw.

But when I tell him a straw is not a sippy cup and he needs to keep the cup flat, his response is, "But I want my head up because I want to see your head, Mommy."

He wants to see my head.

He wants to keep his eyes on me.

How do you stay mad at that?

I sure don't. I may not cry over spilled milk, but I do cry over the delight of my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment