Thursday, December 22, 2011

It has nothing to do with wrestling or a 1950s fraternity badge. But I'm a sucker for pinning.

I have a new love.

It's name is Pinterest.

If you don't know of what I speak, then I first must gasp.

**GASP**

And then tell you life is better with Pinterest in it. You must discover my joy.

It isn't just a website.

It isn't just a time swallower (which, indeed it is).

In a word, it's BRILLIANT.

To take the definition from the site, "Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web... Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."


Since I get a huge thrill out of creativity and usefulness (and I can't muster up either on my own), Pinterest is the brain I wish I had.

Because I get to go inside the brain of tons of outrageously creative and smart people in a matter of minutes.

And then steal any portions of that brain that I want.

It is inspiring, helpful, practical and genius. And I love it. Frankly, I've found it impossible to live without it.

Particularly as I prepare for the Christmas season - decor, treats and such - I just scope out ideas on Pinterest and -

BAM!

the ideas are endless.

Then there are the inspirational or funny quotes that fill you with hope and laughter. It's like living in a continual Wonderland!

Pinterest makes you look good. It makes your house look good. It makes your dinner table look good. It makes your kids, your wedding, your dog and even that old suitcase collecting dust in your closet look good. (Did you know it could become an accent CHAIR?!?)

I'm not even kidding.

On ONE page, you can find 100th birthday party ideas, a Phineas and Ferb DIY sandwich, a Starbucks bottle recycled into a snowman decoration, and mad photography skills.

I think I hear Martha Stewart crying.

It's eliminated the need to buy magazines. Or watch HGTV. In fact, even Googling decorating ideas seems slow and tedious now.

Because I. have. Pinterest.

I only wish I had thought of it. But that would have taken creativity. Which means I would've needed Pinterest...

to develop Pinterest.

Excuse me, but I must go. I have streamers calling me to roll and twist them into a flower centerpiece for my Christmas table. Oh, and I'll be making miniature mugs out of marshmallows and candy canes later.

You should really come over.

No comments:

Post a Comment